Planning & Prioritizing for Change: Leaders Version
The Managing Me suite of core courses:
Planning & Prioritizing for Change
How to manage your priorities, time and energy in the new game of hybrid work and constant change.
Planning & Prioritizing for Change: Leader’s Version
How to get out of the weeds and carve out more time for your strategic priorities. Leading Self in order to better Lead others.
Managing Expectations & Negotiating Priorities
How to prioritize, and when necessary, diplomatically negotiate some incoming demands on your time.
Mastering the Mental Game of Resilience
Easy to implement best practices to help you stay energized, resilient and focused.
Masterful Meetings (Virtual, In-Person & Hybrid)
Making our Meetings Engaging & Productive.
Helping Leaders Reduce Burnout
Practical strategies to help leaders help themselves, and their teams, reduce burnout.
Taming the Email Monster
More Control. Less Stress.
How to get out of the weeds and make more time for strategic priorities.
Leading Self in order to better Lead others.
Most people, when faced with change, uncertainty and pressure to go faster, plan less. Yet the productive, agile response is to stop, think and plan more. This highly interactive session will provide you with immensely practical planning strategies to help you rise above the weeds, better execute on strategic priorities and thrive in the new game of hybrid work and constant change.
The virtual version of this course is 90-120 minutes & the in-person version is 2-3 hours.
Priority Mapping (intermediate planning).
- Stopping, thinking and adjusting for change. Reconciling changing priorities with long term strategy and direction. Making thoughtful (not reactive) choices about what is and what is not a priority for the month ahead.
- Creating a Priority Map. Translating our strategic priorities and leadership intentions into clear, meaningful, actionable objectives for the month ahead.
- How to use Powerful Aligning Questions to support ourselves and our team in knowing where to focus our efforts.
Paying Priorities First (weekly/daily planning).
- Proactively planning for connect time. Instead of hoping that “connecting” will happen spontaneously (it won’t) we need to plan for connect time with our teams – it’s critical for psychological safety, collaboration, and engagement.
- Time blocking for Leaders. How to apply smart strategies to proactively carve out time for developing your team and other strategic priorities. (instead of waiting for a “good time”, when there’s nothing else to do, and no more change or uncertainty.)
- (Optional) Planning your work-at-home day. How to stay resilient, connected and productive while working at home.
Triaging change. How to prioritize, and if necessary push back on, incoming tasks, requests and issues.
- How to “resist the noise” of technology (email, IM, Social Media) and create small windows of high quality, undistracted time for deep work.
- Good questions and other strategies to help us deliver a diplomatic, positive push back on some lower priority requests (with a focus on helping leaders negotiate & reduce meeting time).
I help teams and individuals do more with less, reduce stress and carve out more time for their true priorities.