More Control. Less Stress.
Filtering, Sorting and filing: Keeping the Inbox Clean
- A Four Step Process to help us filter, sort & file large volumes of email - keeping the Inbox clean and reducing overwhelm.
- Tracking action email so that it doesn’t slip through the cracks and we’re able to follow-up in a timely manner.
- Learning how to use various Outlook email features.
- Developing consistent routines for organizing email and keeping the Inbox clean.
- Optional: Supporting compliance with corporate email retention policy
Resisting the Noise
- Understanding the costs of over-reacting to email. (Hint: 10 IQ Points)
- Increasing our capacity to deliver on priority A tasks and service requests by reducing time spent unnecessarily reacting to priority “b” email.
- Reducing “MRS” - Mindless React Syndrome. Identifying and implementing productive expectations with others and ourselves.
- Applying more thought to what we send, how we send it and who we send it to.
- Best practices of sending email - proper subject lines, no unnecessary CC, etc. - that will save everyone time.
- Optional: Building consensus on a corporate “Rules of Engagement” for email.