Helping everyone be more productive
Reducing low priority meeting time
- Do we really need this meeting? When might the best way of managing a meeting be to simply not have it?
- “They want you to say yes, but sometimes they need you to say no”: Strategies to diplomatically push back on low priority meeting time, in order to achieve higher priority objectives.
- The before, during and after of good meeting management disciplines.
- Ensuring that good agendas are in place.
- Strategies to keep the meeting on track.
- Action-planning and follow-up.
The Meeting Conversation
- Fostering a collaborative, engaging meeting climate.
- Employing good questions and masterful listening to engage participants and guide the meeting conversation
- Promoting positive, “leadership by example” meeting behaviours (and how to handle difficult behaviours).
- Strategies and tools to elicit input and buy-in.
Making meetings work in our schedule
- How to balance meeting time with all of the other priorities we need to find time for.
“Rules of engagement” for meetings
- Building consensus on best practices for meeting management that will help everyone be more productive.
- Fostering a healthy meeting culture.