More time for Leadership. More time for Strategy. More time to think.
The Leadership Wheel:
- The Leadership Wheel exercise helps participants clarify their leadership intentions around “how do I want to show up as a leader?” (We will often adapt this exercise to reflect leadership competencies/behaviours specific to your organization).
Priority Mapping: Getting focused, on track and aligned around our most important strategic priorities. (Intermediate range planning)
- Understanding the 5 Core principles of execution and how to apply them using Priority Mapping techniques.
- Creating a Priority Map. Translating our longer term strategic plans, leadership intentions and priorities into meaningful, actionable objectives for the next 30 days.
- The Priority Map Conversation. Building alignment with our Leader & Teams and being confident about what is (and what is not) a priority for the month ahead.
Paying Priorities First (Daily/Weekly Planning):
- The 3 P’s of Paying Priorities First. Instead of waiting for some “free time” to work on strategic priorities:
- Plan: Smart strategies for pro-actively planning time for coaching, planning and other strategic priorities.
- Protect: How to protect strategic time as much as possible from lower priority tangents and distractions. Creating windows of high quality “decontaminated” time.
- Practice: Developing consistent practices for stopping, thinking and doing our daily/ weekly planning.
- Team strategies to help us help our team plan and protect chunks of time dedicated to essential/ strategic priorities. Using tools like the Team Power Hour and Good Huddles.
Resisting the Noise (staying focused):
- Increasing our capacity to make time for leadership and other strategic priorities by reducing low value meeting time.
- Letting go of control and delegating things that can and should be delegated. (Optional)
- Handling staff requests in a way that supports staff, leads by example and fosters a less reactive environment.
The Managing Me Action Plan:
- Where do I most want to raise the bar?
- How am I going to raise the bar?
- What, specifically, am I committed to doing differently in the next 60 days?